Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Home sweet home



There's something special about returning to the place you grew up. I recently went back to my parents' house in Dryden which not so coincidentaly happens to be where I grew up. I took a ride on the four wheeler and admired the spring beauty of the orchard and hills around me.

I love springtime, and I love home.

One of the things about spring in the orchard is that bees are brought in to pollenate the bloom, this only lasts about a week. It just so happens that the weekend I decided to visit coincided with the time that bees are pollenating the orchard. Upon seeing the bees, I instantly remembered my first bee sting and when I remembered the bee sting it triggered other old memories. I guess that's what makes visiting home so special, the memories are always there in my brain, but there is a connection with the environment when I visit a familiar place that draws them out, and takes me back to another time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Home sweet home. (HAH! Get it? Bees make honey and honey is sweet and you encountered sweet honey-making bees at home! Woot!)

la dahlia said...

Ivory, you are silly

Anna said...

I like bees. I have only been stung once in my whole life, and that's only b/c I did a backflip in the yard and landed barefoot on one. Woops.
Nice post, bro

Unknown said...

I don't like bees. I got stung on the top of the head once and it hurt...."There's no place like home"..."We ain't in Kansas anymore."