Saturday, September 17, 2011

River Run Half Marathon. Grateful!

Today marks five and a half years since I started running again. I just completed my third half marathon and plan on running my first marathon in about a month. When I started running I knew nothing about injuries, but these last few years have taught me a thing or two about my body and the importance of planning and preparation. Youth has a way of covering a multitude of mistakes. But with age comes wisdom, and although I am by no means old, I have learned a thing or two. Stretching is way underrated, and nutrition is essential, but by far the most important piece of advice I have ever received is wear the right shoes.
Today I placed sixth overall, and achieved a personal best time. I wore custom orthodics and have finally found shoes I believe are right for me.

Thanks God for allowing me to find the right equipment to allow me to continue doing the things I enjoy.

No comments: