Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Back in place, and I'm all up in your face....

A great many things have happened in this last month. Lisa and I have officially moved to Dryden(pictures forthcoming.) We have been hiking, I earned strait A's for the summer, and now we are unpacking after fixing up a house that desperately needed some TLC. Soon we will be unpacked, all moved in, and we hope to have a little shindig to kick things of here at the new place. Please enjoy the pictures, sorry there aren't any of the house yet. but I will hopefully get around to that soon. These are just snipits from the past month or so.


This was the view I woke up to when I recently went up to Colchuck Lake to meet my uncle and cousins. They ditched me so I spent the night by myself. It turned out ok.


This is from that same trip, this little guy would not leave me alone until I took his picture. Looks like he's been eating well.


This is how we moved all of our stuff to Dryden, we only made one trip.


This was a little earlier at Lake Clara, a jaunt that Lisa and I made with my brother


and finally this is beautiful Pete Lake in the morning. Lisa and I roughed it for two nights with a couple of friends here at this hidden paradise (except for the bugs.)

3 comments:

Anna said...

Nice pics, Mando. Totally dig the one of me by the 'Sanford and Son"-inspired truck full of all yer stuff. The house is sweet...thanks for letting me help you get it all ready to be lived in!!

Timothy said...

So I've got a thought about bugs out in the wild. I recently hiked up Granite Mountain and at the very summit, where there was no water or anything, we were attacked by a veritable plethora of those little winged blood-suckers. "Why," I remember wondering at the time, "are all of these mosquitos up here at the top of a mountain?" But the question can be even further broadened: Why are there so many bugs (namely the aforementioned blood-suckers) out in the woods, when it is people they like to bite? Wouldn't mosquitos congregate where their food supply is? A city has WAY more people than the woods have animals. Yet we encounter the masses of these hellacious demon-insects while out in the wilderness.

Mr. Mando said...

I am amused by the candor of your distaste for bugs in your description of mosquitos, aka hellacious demon-insects.
You, have a point though, very insightful.