Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Lisa's and my domicile

I finally have pictures to post. We are renting, but this house is a really good deal as we are renting from my dad, and he is being very generous with us. The tenants before us were smokers who did not pay attention to the rental agreement that prohibited smoking inside the house. So Lisa and I repainted the whole interior of the house with help from various amiable individuals whom we dearly appreciate.
The house comes complete with a garage, automatic sprinklers, a fireplace, and a basement, but no linen closets...none. It will be my husbandly duty to rectify this situation as soon as I can....
....There is something about living in an actual house that is freeing, yet binding all at once. When I lived in an apartment I was confined to a small space, but now in a house I have my own yard(to mow), and various little odd jobs to do. It makes me feel so manly to be able to work on and around the house, even if it does belong to my dad.

The front of the house.The yard could use some weeding, but it has plenty of potential.

The livingroom, it is quite large.(and beautiful with my wife standing there)

The kitchen, being used to make a goodbye meal for my brother right before he left for school.

The other half of the living room..

The dining room is quite large, we will figure out what to do with all the space I'm sure.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

sweet man, it's a great happening place.

la dahlia said...

don't say sweet! it sounds funny

Timothy said...

Sweet! Nice place! :)

Really, that looks great. Also a high huggability factor, like Gus and Kristina's house. Some houses just need a big squeeze.

When's the housewarming party?

Anonymous said...

I see whats missing in my living room, you and Lisa. Papa C.

Anonymous said...

Ze hause ees vunderfool!