Friday, January 19, 2007

School, and again I say.....school...


I am currently enrolled in my final academic quarter of study at Central Washington University. That statement isn't entirely true. To be correct I would have to say that it is my next to last academic quarter of study. I still have one quarter of classroom teaching practicum to be completed this spring, and I graduate in June. I can't wait. No more driving the snowy pass, and no more juggling books and schedules of the various classes I'm taking. I will be able to drive a short way, 15 minutes at the most, to the school where I will finally engage in my teaching practicum. What a welcome relief from the daily hour each way that I currently drive to and from school.

Concurrently this quarter I am enrolled in a firefighter "red card/firefighter I "class as part of my responsibilities as a volunteer for the fire department. I have already taken this extensive course at least twice, and maybe as many as three times, I hope that I can challenge the course, or I will be bored out of my mind. Maybe I will just take the opportunity to do classwork from my college classes if I am not able to avoid sitting through the monotonous required lectures for wildland firefighting. Whatever the case I am confident that I will pass all aspects of the course, and hopefully this summer I will enjoy fighting wildfires again.

3 comments:

Anna said...

You should get the fireplace fixed at your house so I can come over and sit in front of it again.

la dahlia said...

Are you going to fight forest fires again, or do you mean fighting house fires?

Timothy said...

Why are the forest fires always wild? Don't they have tamefires you can fight?