Sunday, April 08, 2007

An Empty Grave!



This past Friday my wife and I attended a Tenebrae service, quite the tribute. I had never experienced a service like it. I couldn't help but feel the weight of sin and unworthiness on me in light of the sacrifice Christ made for all on that day so long ago. I had never really taken time to remember the suffering of Jesus during this time because so much focus was placed by my church on the resurrection. But it is just as important to honor and remember His sacrifice as well as His victory over sin and death.

Today is Resurrection Sunday. A day of celebration and rejoicing, but to what end? Is today really about bunnies that lay eggs with treasure hidden inside? It must seem that way to the unbelieving and the ignorant.

Take time today to celebrate the true purpose of this celebration, and thank the Lord for His faithfulness and love to all mankind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I have never heard of a Tenebrae service before. That sounds like a good thing. I think we forget (not that we ever completely understood in the first place) all that Jesus went through for us.

P.S. - Say hi to Lisa and yourself for me. :)

Timothy said...

You haven't posted in about six weeks, Mando!