Friday, July 18, 2008

Bern

On Sunday, after service at the Jahu Church in Biel, Lisa and I went out to Lunch with some youth from the church. I don't think I took any pictures there, but it was a nice place on the lake. I took the advice of Rafu and asked for French fries with my food instead of potatoes. I thought he would know better. I should have asked for a second opinion. It was still good eating. Later that day, Rahel invited us to go to Bern. We took many pictures and I posted a few here below.

 
The Bear is the Symbol of Bern. Bern means Bear.

 
Lisa and I are happy to have seen the bears.

 
This bear was especially talented. He could stand, scratch his back, and pee all at the same time!

 
The city.

 
This area floods sometimes, those cars would be under water.

 
The Clock tower

 
Entrance to the Munster cathedral.

 
Inside the Munster.

Detail of the ceiling.

These two must have payed a penance.



One strong gargoyle.

 


 
The Swiss equivalent of Washington D.C.'s capitol building.
Rahel used to work here every day.

 
The Aare river runs through Bern.

2 comments:

Anna said...

that's one talented bear.

Unknown said...

in concur.