Friday, July 11, 2008

Solothurn, Switzerland/St Uhrs Cathedral

St Uhrs Cathedral.

If you enlarge this one you might be able to see the paintings on the ceiling better.
 


 







One of the gates to the city

Lisa, Solothurn and the Jura Mountains
 

Lisa and I with Solothurn in the background.
 

This is me standing in front of the fountain next to the stairs leading to St. Uhrs
 

There was also a really cool armory that we did not get to see because it was closed for lunch and Lisa was not feeling well. We did get to see the cannons but I failed to take any pictures.

The cathedral was a real treat. There was a choir practicing while we were there. I took video with my camera but later, when we tried to play it back, I realized that I had not had the camera set to record sound also. Needless to say there is something that cannot be felt unless you are there to hear the harmony of voices and the stone of the cathedral working together to make the ordinary extraordinary. I hope we have another chance to hear a choir singing in a cathedral before we come back home. 

No comments: